A product can break or make your company’s brand image. If you are looking at sourcing your product design and prototype to Chinese prototype manufacturers, then you need to do your research and choose the best manufacturer out there to design the product for you.
Look before You Leap When it comes to Rapid Prototyping
Yes, this might sound repetitive, but you need to always weigh your options when it comes to selecting any Chinese manufacturers. If you hate researching in-depth, you can take references from your peers or friends and enquire only about those manufacturers.
Bear in mind, do not take these references at face value. Your peers might have been impressed by the work of the manufacturer that does not mean their services will live up to your expectations. If you do not have time on your hands or hate the hassles of calling and negotiating with the manufacturers, you can always take the help of Chinese sourcing agents.
Credible sourcing agents or companies can:
- Help you find the right manufacturers as per your requirements with their networking skills
- With their negotiation skills, they can help get you good offers and discounts
- Since they are fluent in Mandarin, they can act as a mediator and help resolve queries for you
- Some agents or companies will also look into the inspection and quality control
- They will also ensure the product gets cleared through customs without hassles
- They will also evaluate any ethical concerns about the manufacturers
Sourcing agents will prepare daily or weekly reports about their findings and bring them to your notice if there are any problems with your Chinese prototype manufacturers or products. Sourcing agents can offer different services depending on your fees.
If you are hiring sourcing agents only to find credible manufacturers, they will offer you the list after a thorough investigation for you to contact and take it forward. If you are willing to shell out a bit extra, then you can hire them right from the start of your project to the completion stage.
Now those of you who are new to rapid prototyping might wonder what the fuss is all about. Rapid prototyping is one of the latest trends in the product manufacturing company. It is a process wherein you can design or create your product idea and improvise upon it to simplify the manufacturing process.
The model for your prototypes is created using CAD technology wherein your Chinese manufacturers can get a brief insight on what are your product requirements and specifications and design the products accordingly.
This also proves to be handy when you need to present your idea to the manufacturers and convince them about the feasibility of your products. In addition to this, you can even make alterations or modifications, if needed.
Many a time, your prototype might not meet the product image you had in mind. This is a common issue and can be resolved if you understand your product needs. There are certain guidelines that you might need to follow to reap the most from your rapid prototyping:
- Be clear on what are your product specification
- Pay attention to the product size, materials that will be used, and other essential details
- What would be the approximate rework time for your prototype
- Choose the right CAD equipment for your prototype
When you are sourcing from Chinese prototype manufacturers ensure that you mention every single detail about your products. In this way, your manufacturer will be able to offer you the right product with minimum areas for errors.
Ensure that you enquire about the 3D printing technology they use and whether they would be able to replicate your product as per your requirements.
Getting It Right the First Time with Your Manufacturers
If this is your first time searching for credible prototype manufacturers, you might not want to make the same mistakes as other businesses. Many online sourcing sites can help you find credible manufacturers, but whether or not they fit in with your business requirements solely depends upon you.
Asking the below questions might prove to be handy when it comes to your quest in searching for the right manufacturers:
- What type of experience do they have?
- What are the quality assurance protocols they have in place?
- What are the expected timelines to get the prototype ready for your project?
- Have they worked on similar projects before?
- Do they have any references?
- Do they have the required materials to create your products?
- What are the different technologies or equipment that will be used?
- How often does the manufacturer calibrate their equipment?
- Who would be involved in the entire process?
When it comes to Chinese prototype manufacturers, you need to be specific about your budget. If you are looking for high-quality products, then you need to expand your budget to accommodate the requirements of your manufacturer.
If you have hired sourcing agents for the job, you can plan a visit to their factory with them and check the working conditions. In this way, you will also get to meet the manufacturers in person and build a rapport with them. Your sourcing agent will also help you to get your queries clarified and chart up the contract.
Ensure that you ask for the required ISO certifications and licenses from the manufacturers. Your sourcing agent can help you verify the authenticity of these documents if there are in the local language. Ask for their main point of contact for your project and ensure that you meet the person and get their contact details.
This will ensure that you or your sourcing agent can get in touch with the person in case of any issues or concerns related to your product.
Searching for credible prototype manufacturers cannot be completed in a day’s time.
You need to take some time and effort to research these manufacturers, their nature of business, and other essential factors before you finalize on them.
Hiring the right Chinese prototype manufacturers can either make or break your business. Taking the help of sourcing agents can help ease the burden and let you focus on other important aspects of your business.