Raksha Bandhan has been celebrated similarly with the same tradition for many years. With the changing lifestyle, the celebration has been more elaborate and lively; therefore, the meaning of Raksha Bandhan has been changed. The brothers and sisters try to reach out to each other on this auspicious occasion. For everyone, it is the opportunity for a family reunion and celebration.
Rituals that follow
Sisters prepare the Thali, which consists of roli, tilak, Rakhi threads, rice grains, incense sticks, diyas and sweets. They then proceed by keeping a fast, and then only after tying the sacred Rakhi at the wrist of the brothers do they consume food and sweets.
If you are scratching your head, trying to purchase something for your siblings, then why not give them something they will really cherish? Personalised calendars featuring your own photographs make great gifts.
Digital cameras are wonderful things. In fact, many people nowadays who happen to send online Rakhi to Canada and other locations, either personally prefer to give cameras as gifts to their siblings along with it or send them gift cards to make the purchases. After all, these handy cameras will capture memories spent. You can consider getting a camera and taking photos year round and sending it to your sibling.
Now you can experiment with all sorts of settings to produce pictures that bear comparison with the best in the business. The only question left is: what should you do with them?
- The immediate idea that springs to mind is creating individually tailored calendars for different family members. You can arrange them in a number of ways. For example, you could choose scenic photos based on the various times of the year. Perhaps, this could be placed around your home or areas you have visited. For globetrotters, it can be a chance to celebrate the many different countries they have visited over the years.
- But perhaps the most popular usage is to use them as memorabilia for family members. What a great gift for a parent or grandparent to have photos of dear family members presented professionally.
- To make it, you can take the DIY route. This definitely shows the personal touch and will be all the more valuable for that. However, on the downside, you are left to the whims of your own practical skills.
- There are a number of online companies that will offer you the choice of various calendars along with online Rakhi. Printed off and delivered to siblings, these offer a cheap and easy option. Still, you will be looking for a professional look – something that might easily have come directly from a major publisher.
Unsurprisingly there are plenty of companies who, for a fee, will do this for you. They’re eagerly finding new ways to help you enhance the way you present your photographs. You could, for example, have a professionally produced photobook to replace your old album. Whatever option you take, there are so many different ways to present your family photos. duysnews is an online news portal providing breaking news from around the world.
More gifts that can be considered
- Create memories – Personalised gifts are not always about finding or creating the best gift items. Never forget, you are doing all this to make your sibling feel special and let him or her know how much you love them. So you can create new memories with them that they will remember for a long time to come, or you can bring back some old lovely memories from the past through a wall art and decor piece or even caricature figurines.
- Vintage jewellery – Want something unique for your sister? Make her feel special by giving her antique jewellery found at thrift shops, jewellery stores, and online. Shopping for these dazzling accessories is a useful, chic way to recycle wearable metals and gems. Besides, vintage is a classic piece that appeals to almost anyone. Also, many of these jewellery pieces can be self made. Hence, the perfect DIY project for you!
- Organic food and goodies – Ideal for health buffs, vegetarians, and eco-conscious colleagues and friends, organic products are good for the planet. These items do not contain chemicals or harsh materials unlike most of the processed food products; which, in turn, makes these more nutritious and also absolutely harmless for the body. Grab some organic chocolates, coffee, tea, or wine at your local shops to also help your community’s economy.
Of course there are multiple kinds of gifts that can be purchased for your sibling but no matter what you get, consider whether these items are of their liking or not. That is the key to being a thoughtful gift giver and being able to pick heartwarming Raksha Bandhan gifts which are based purely on emotions .